New Delhi/Ambala: The raging fire that engulfed a chemical factory in Ambala on Monday night has been brought under control, and the management has said that it is cooperating fully with the district authorities.
The management said that the blaze was caused by a short circuit.
Ambala`s District Commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi said that the blaze was brought under control with the help of the Air Force and the Army.
When contacted, the factory management, which is camping at the site, expressed its gratitude to the Fire Department, the Army and the police for their assistance, and said they are working closely with administration to restore normalcy at the earliest."
Earlier reports, which proved false, said that the factory management had absconded as soon as the fire broke out.
Fires in factories are fairly common, as safety regulations are not strictly enforced.
In most industries and residential dwellings across India, fire safety regulations are lax, rarely implemented and not periodically reviewed, which results in the breaking of major fires, resulting in loss of life and material.