Anna Hazare to address 8 rallies in Punjab
Chandigarh: Anti-corruption crusader and social activist Anna Hazare will address eight public rallies in Punjab during his five day `Janatantra Yatra` beginning March 30 from Amritsar.
Gurdeep Singh, a spokesperson of the Janatantra Morcha said today that Anna Hazare would start first phase of his Yatra from Amritsar after paying obeisance at Durgiana Mandir, Harmandir Saheb and Ramtirath temple.
He will address first public rally at the Jallianwalan Bagh on March 31 followed by two more public rallies to be held at Kapurthala and Jalandhar on the same day.
Two rallies will be held each at Ludhiana and Moga on April 1 followed by Bathinda rally on April 2, Singh said.
He will address two more rallies one at Barnala and the second and last at Patiala before wrapping his Punjab yatra to make aware the people of the "UPA government`s efforts to give a ditch" to the Jan Lok Pal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened