Anna Hazare to address 8 rallies in Punjab
Chandigarh: Anti-corruption crusader and social activist Anna Hazare will address eight public rallies in Punjab during his five day `Janatantra Yatra` beginning March 30 from Amritsar.
Gurdeep Singh, a spokesperson of the Janatantra Morcha said today that Anna Hazare would start first phase of his Yatra from Amritsar after paying obeisance at Durgiana Mandir, Harmandir Saheb and Ramtirath temple.
He will address first public rally at the Jallianwalan Bagh on March 31 followed by two more public rallies to be held at Kapurthala and Jalandhar on the same day.
Two rallies will be held each at Ludhiana and Moga on April 1 followed by Bathinda rally on April 2, Singh said.
He will address two more rallies one at Barnala and the second and last at Patiala before wrapping his Punjab yatra to make aware the people of the "UPA government`s efforts to give a ditch" to the Jan Lok Pal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi