Anna Hazare to address 8 rallies in Punjab
Chandigarh: Anti-corruption crusader and social activist Anna Hazare will address eight public rallies in Punjab during his five day `Janatantra Yatra` beginning March 30 from Amritsar.
Gurdeep Singh, a spokesperson of the Janatantra Morcha said today that Anna Hazare would start first phase of his Yatra from Amritsar after paying obeisance at Durgiana Mandir, Harmandir Saheb and Ramtirath temple.
He will address first public rally at the Jallianwalan Bagh on March 31 followed by two more public rallies to be held at Kapurthala and Jalandhar on the same day.
Two rallies will be held each at Ludhiana and Moga on April 1 followed by Bathinda rally on April 2, Singh said.
He will address two more rallies one at Barnala and the second and last at Patiala before wrapping his Punjab yatra to make aware the people of the "UPA government`s efforts to give a ditch" to the Jan Lok Pal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!