Anna Hazare to address 8 rallies in Punjab
Chandigarh: Anti-corruption crusader and social activist Anna Hazare will address eight public rallies in Punjab during his five day `Janatantra Yatra` beginning March 30 from Amritsar.
Gurdeep Singh, a spokesperson of the Janatantra Morcha said today that Anna Hazare would start first phase of his Yatra from Amritsar after paying obeisance at Durgiana Mandir, Harmandir Saheb and Ramtirath temple.
He will address first public rally at the Jallianwalan Bagh on March 31 followed by two more public rallies to be held at Kapurthala and Jalandhar on the same day.
Two rallies will be held each at Ludhiana and Moga on April 1 followed by Bathinda rally on April 2, Singh said.
He will address two more rallies one at Barnala and the second and last at Patiala before wrapping his Punjab yatra to make aware the people of the "UPA government`s efforts to give a ditch" to the Jan Lok Pal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble