Badal asks DCs to hold quarterly meeting with nambardars
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked the Revenue Department to issue detailed guidelines instructing the Deputy Commissioners to hold quarterly meetings with `Nambardars` to solicit their participation in the development policies and programmes.
A decision to this effect was taken by Badal in a meeting with a deputation of Punjab Nambardar Union led by its President Gurpal Singh Samra here.
The Chief Minister assured the Nambardars (lower level revenue officials at villages) that they would be given due representation in the District Grievances Committees so that the district administration could be richly benefited by their vast experience at the grass roots level.
He asked Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia to have one Nambardar each on the Revenue committees to be constituted at the district and tehsil level related to the revenue matters.
Badal also asked the Financial Commissioner Revenue to coordinate with Deputy Commissioners for ensuring proper support and cooperation from the Revenue officials posted in field especially the Patwaris to Nambardars for helping the state in various matters.
The Chief Minister, as per an official release, asked the Finance Department to immediately release the pending payment of honorarium to the Nambardars.
Badal asked the Revenue department to take up the matter with DCs for working out modalities to allot some space if available or an office in tehsil premises to ensure proper atmosphere to Nambardars for discharging their duties.
Responding to various issues raised by the members of the delegation, Majithia assured the Chief Minister that he would personally take up the matter with Finance Minister to ensure prompt release of the revised payment of honorarium to the Nambardars.
He also apprised the Chief Minister that he would sort out the issue to provide official accommodation to the Nambardars at tehsil level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks