Badal has failed to protect rights of Sikh farmers: NCM
Patiala: National Commission for Minorities (NCM) member Ajaib Singh on Friday alleged, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has failed to protect the rights of Sikh farmers residing in the Kutch region of Gujarat.
"Badal is not serious about the cause of Sikh farmers and has failed to protect their rights.
"If he has any sympathy for them, he should impress upon Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to withdraw the eviction case against Sikh farmers filed in the Apex Court," Singh told reporters here.
He said, he had written letters to both Chief Ministers and urged them to show concern for farmers from Punjab.
The High Court of Gujarat has ruled unanimously in favour of Sikh farmers residing in Kutch region, but the Gujarat government has appealed against the verdict in the Supreme Court, he noted.
Singh also expressed his displeasure towards Punjab government for not properly distributing scholarships meant for the minority community and said, he would seek a complete report from the government in this regard.
Singh sought another report from the state government on allegations of land grabbing of a grave yard meant for the minority community at Amloh in Fatehgarh Sahib district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Colombian president, rebel chief sign cease-fire
- Argentina's President Macri has successful knee operation
- Euro 2016, Round of 16: Poland vs Switzerland - Preview
- Vacation alert! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and hubby Abhishek Bachchan set on a family sojourn—Details inside
- Crashed EgyptAir black boxes to go to France for repairs