Badal has failed to protect rights of Sikh farmers: NCM
Patiala: National Commission for Minorities (NCM) member Ajaib Singh on Friday alleged, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has failed to protect the rights of Sikh farmers residing in the Kutch region of Gujarat.
"Badal is not serious about the cause of Sikh farmers and has failed to protect their rights.
"If he has any sympathy for them, he should impress upon Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to withdraw the eviction case against Sikh farmers filed in the Apex Court," Singh told reporters here.
He said, he had written letters to both Chief Ministers and urged them to show concern for farmers from Punjab.
The High Court of Gujarat has ruled unanimously in favour of Sikh farmers residing in Kutch region, but the Gujarat government has appealed against the verdict in the Supreme Court, he noted.
Singh also expressed his displeasure towards Punjab government for not properly distributing scholarships meant for the minority community and said, he would seek a complete report from the government in this regard.
Singh sought another report from the state government on allegations of land grabbing of a grave yard meant for the minority community at Amloh in Fatehgarh Sahib district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India