Badal reviews functioning of Adarsh schools
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday directed the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) to prepare a blueprint for development of all the 11 state-run Adarsh schools.
Badal issued the direction during a high-level meeting with the principals and officiating principals of the schools and senior officials of the education department, a spokesman said.
Expressing concern over the performance of some Adarsh schools, the Chief Minister directed the chairperson of the Board to immediately appoint regular principals and other teaching and non-teaching staff as per the requirement of the schools on an adhoc basis, the spokesperson said.
For the rationalisation of the staff, Badal constituted a committee comprising Director General (School) KS Pannu, Chairperson PSEB Tejinder Kaur Dhaliwal and his technical adviser to study the requirements of these schools in terms of staff and other infrastructure.
Reiterating his commitment to provide full support to these schools, Badal said the school education board must act in a responsive manner for the further development of these educational institutions.
Apart from Dhaliwal and Pannu, the meeting was attended by state Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka, Secretary (Education) Ashok Gupta and Director General (Schools) K S Pannu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions