Badal reviews functioning of Adarsh schools
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday directed the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) to prepare a blueprint for development of all the 11 state-run Adarsh schools.
Badal issued the direction during a high-level meeting with the principals and officiating principals of the schools and senior officials of the education department, a spokesman said.
Expressing concern over the performance of some Adarsh schools, the Chief Minister directed the chairperson of the Board to immediately appoint regular principals and other teaching and non-teaching staff as per the requirement of the schools on an adhoc basis, the spokesperson said.
For the rationalisation of the staff, Badal constituted a committee comprising Director General (School) KS Pannu, Chairperson PSEB Tejinder Kaur Dhaliwal and his technical adviser to study the requirements of these schools in terms of staff and other infrastructure.
Reiterating his commitment to provide full support to these schools, Badal said the school education board must act in a responsive manner for the further development of these educational institutions.
Apart from Dhaliwal and Pannu, the meeting was attended by state Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka, Secretary (Education) Ashok Gupta and Director General (Schools) K S Pannu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them