Badal reviews functioning of Adarsh schools
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday directed the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) to prepare a blueprint for development of all the 11 state-run Adarsh schools.
Badal issued the direction during a high-level meeting with the principals and officiating principals of the schools and senior officials of the education department, a spokesman said.
Expressing concern over the performance of some Adarsh schools, the Chief Minister directed the chairperson of the Board to immediately appoint regular principals and other teaching and non-teaching staff as per the requirement of the schools on an adhoc basis, the spokesperson said.
For the rationalisation of the staff, Badal constituted a committee comprising Director General (School) KS Pannu, Chairperson PSEB Tejinder Kaur Dhaliwal and his technical adviser to study the requirements of these schools in terms of staff and other infrastructure.
Reiterating his commitment to provide full support to these schools, Badal said the school education board must act in a responsive manner for the further development of these educational institutions.
Apart from Dhaliwal and Pannu, the meeting was attended by state Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka, Secretary (Education) Ashok Gupta and Director General (Schools) K S Pannu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video