Badal reviews functioning of Adarsh schools
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday directed the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) to prepare a blueprint for development of all the 11 state-run Adarsh schools.
Badal issued the direction during a high-level meeting with the principals and officiating principals of the schools and senior officials of the education department, a spokesman said.
Expressing concern over the performance of some Adarsh schools, the Chief Minister directed the chairperson of the Board to immediately appoint regular principals and other teaching and non-teaching staff as per the requirement of the schools on an adhoc basis, the spokesperson said.
For the rationalisation of the staff, Badal constituted a committee comprising Director General (School) KS Pannu, Chairperson PSEB Tejinder Kaur Dhaliwal and his technical adviser to study the requirements of these schools in terms of staff and other infrastructure.
Reiterating his commitment to provide full support to these schools, Badal said the school education board must act in a responsive manner for the further development of these educational institutions.
Apart from Dhaliwal and Pannu, the meeting was attended by state Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka, Secretary (Education) Ashok Gupta and Director General (Schools) K S Pannu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’