Badal stresses need to develop national character among youth
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday stressed the need to develop the national character through inculcating the spirit of "nationalism and patriotism" amongst the youth.
"The state government had embarked upon an ambitious programme to set up Jang-e-Azaadi Memorial at Kartarpur near Jalandhar over an area of 40 acres at a cost of Rs 200 crore to show case the supreme sacrifices made by the Punjabis in the national freedom struggle," Badal told reporters here after laying the foundation stone of an auditorium.
"A war memorial was also being set up as a mark of respect to the soldiers from the state who had sacrificed their lives guarding the borders of the country," he said.
The chief minister said that the construction of the memorial will help imbibe the spirit of nationalism and patriotism among the youngsters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?