Badal stresses need to develop national character among youth
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday stressed the need to develop the national character through inculcating the spirit of "nationalism and patriotism" amongst the youth.
"The state government had embarked upon an ambitious programme to set up Jang-e-Azaadi Memorial at Kartarpur near Jalandhar over an area of 40 acres at a cost of Rs 200 crore to show case the supreme sacrifices made by the Punjabis in the national freedom struggle," Badal told reporters here after laying the foundation stone of an auditorium.
"A war memorial was also being set up as a mark of respect to the soldiers from the state who had sacrificed their lives guarding the borders of the country," he said.
The chief minister said that the construction of the memorial will help imbibe the spirit of nationalism and patriotism among the youngsters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray