BSF seizes heroin on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: The BSF on Tuesday seized 10 kilogram of heroin on the Indo-Pak border, estimated to be around Rs 50 crore in the international market.
The contraband was seized in the early hours today near the border outpost of Chan Mulla, an official said.
A night patrolling party of the BSF had noticed some suspected movements near the Zero Line (No man`s land).
When the patrol party reached the spot, they saw some smugglers on the Indian side of the border and asked them to surrender.
The troops also fired a few rounds, but the smugglers succeeded to cross over, he said, adding a search operation was subsequently launched in which the narcotic substance was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS