BSF seizes heroin on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: The BSF on Tuesday seized 10 kilogram of heroin on the Indo-Pak border, estimated to be around Rs 50 crore in the international market.
The contraband was seized in the early hours today near the border outpost of Chan Mulla, an official said.
A night patrolling party of the BSF had noticed some suspected movements near the Zero Line (No man`s land).
When the patrol party reached the spot, they saw some smugglers on the Indian side of the border and asked them to surrender.
The troops also fired a few rounds, but the smugglers succeeded to cross over, he said, adding a search operation was subsequently launched in which the narcotic substance was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?