BSF seizes heroin on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: The BSF on Tuesday seized 10 kilogram of heroin on the Indo-Pak border, estimated to be around Rs 50 crore in the international market.
The contraband was seized in the early hours today near the border outpost of Chan Mulla, an official said.
A night patrolling party of the BSF had noticed some suspected movements near the Zero Line (No man`s land).
When the patrol party reached the spot, they saw some smugglers on the Indian side of the border and asked them to surrender.
The troops also fired a few rounds, but the smugglers succeeded to cross over, he said, adding a search operation was subsequently launched in which the narcotic substance was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet