BSF seizes heroin on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: The BSF on Tuesday seized 10 kilogram of heroin on the Indo-Pak border, estimated to be around Rs 50 crore in the international market.
The contraband was seized in the early hours today near the border outpost of Chan Mulla, an official said.
A night patrolling party of the BSF had noticed some suspected movements near the Zero Line (No man`s land).
When the patrol party reached the spot, they saw some smugglers on the Indian side of the border and asked them to surrender.
The troops also fired a few rounds, but the smugglers succeeded to cross over, he said, adding a search operation was subsequently launched in which the narcotic substance was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed