BSF seizes heroin on Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: The BSF on Tuesday seized 10 kilogram of heroin on the Indo-Pak border, estimated to be around Rs 50 crore in the international market.
The contraband was seized in the early hours today near the border outpost of Chan Mulla, an official said.
A night patrolling party of the BSF had noticed some suspected movements near the Zero Line (No man`s land).
When the patrol party reached the spot, they saw some smugglers on the Indian side of the border and asked them to surrender.
The troops also fired a few rounds, but the smugglers succeeded to cross over, he said, adding a search operation was subsequently launched in which the narcotic substance was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’