Centre assures support to Punjab on drug problem
Chandigarh: A three-member delegation from Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment led by its Joint Secretary Ghaza Meenai on Monday pledged "all support and cooperation" to the Punjab government in its mission to make the state drug free.
An assurance to this effect was given by Meenai to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal during her meeting with the latter here, an official release said.
Taking part in deliberation, Meenai apprised the Chief Minister that she would thrash out all the issues after detailed deliberations with the Principal Secretary Health and Secretary Social Security to work out modalities for funding the drug de-addiction centers under the guidelines of `Central Sector Scheme of Assistance for Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drugs) Abuse and for Social Defence Services`.
She told the Chief Minister that the Ministry could easily fund the running cost incurred on the drug de-addiction as per the guidelines of the scheme instead of allocating funds for infrastructure.
She, however said that the Ministry would certainly look into the state government`s proposal to be submitted after the preliminary discussions from all the angles to bail out the state in its crusade against the drug abuse.
She said that the issue of giving grants to the registered drug de-addiction and rehabilitation societies at the district levels separately or collectively would also be thoroughly examined after discussions with the state departments of Health and Social Security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read