Clash inside gurdwara "most tragic": Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday strongly condemned the clash inside the premises of a gurdwara in Delhi and saw in it "a conspiracy carried out at Congress behest".
"It is very sad, I would say most tragic that such an incident took place inside a gurdwara. The attackers neither kept the sanctity of the gurdwara nor of our democracy. It was the worst thing that could have happened," Badal told reporters.
He alleged that it was a conspiracy carried out at the behest of the Congress, which, he said, "has always meddled in the affairs of the Sikhs."
"I strongly condemn the incident, in which an elected member (of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee) was attacked by those who were freely roaming with naked swords," he said.
He alleged that it was a deep rooted conspiracy to forcibly keep possession of Delhi gurdwaras illegally with the patronage of the Congress government.
While ruling SAD, of which Badal is patron-in-chief, has already demanded a high level inquiry into the "violent attack on Akali leaders", the Chief Minister said, "the recent move by the Sheila Dikshit government to recommend direct election for the post of the DSGPC president is another example of Congress meddling in the affairs of the Sikhs."
Ahead of next month`s DSGPC elections, rival factions had yesterday clashed inside the premises of Rakabganj Gurdwara leaving five persons injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof