Cold conditions continue in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Sunday continued to sweep most parts of Punjab and Haryana, with mercury hovering below the normal levels.
Chandigarh, where residents woke up to foggy conditions, recorded a low of 7.6 degree Celsius.
In Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place at a low of 3.2 degree Celsius, while Bhiwani, too experienced a cold night at 4.8 degree Celsius, the MeT said here.
Hisar and Karnal registered minimums of 5 and 8.2 degree Celsius respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar braved the chill at 4.2 degree C.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 6.7 and 9.2 degree Celsius respectively.
The MeT in its forecast said that cold conditions would prevail in the region over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!