Cold conditions continue in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Amritsar braved an intense chill at 3.8 degrees Celsius as cold conditions Friday continued to sweep most places in Punjab and Haryana.
The minimum temperature at Amritsar further dropped since yesterday to settle two notches below normal, the MeT said here.
The respective minimum temperatures at Ludhiana and Patiala were recorded at 9.4 deg C and 8.4 deg C.
Chandigarh also experienced a cold night at 7 deg C.
In Haryana, Hisar recorded a low of 7.5 deg C, down one notch.
Karnal too, experienced a cold night at 6.2 deg C, two below normal, while Narnaul and Ambala recorded respective minimums of 6.6 deg C and 8.8 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report