Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperature increased by a few notches above normal in most of parts of both the states.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plains recording a minimum temperature at 3.6 deg C, the MeT office said here on Monday.
Narnaul in Haryana had a low of 6 deg C, up by one degree above normal, while Bhiwani settled at 8.6 deg C.
Ambala recorded a minimum of 9.9 deg C, up by three notches above normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 7.5 deg C and 7.2 deg C respectively.
Chandigarh had a low of 7.7 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the MeT office said here today.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 8.2 deg C and 7.7 deg C respectively with mercury going up by a degree above normal.
The MeT in its forecast said weather will mainly be dry in next 24 hours while fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’