Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperature increased by a few notches above normal in most of parts of both the states.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plains recording a minimum temperature at 3.6 deg C, the MeT office said here on Monday.
Narnaul in Haryana had a low of 6 deg C, up by one degree above normal, while Bhiwani settled at 8.6 deg C.
Ambala recorded a minimum of 9.9 deg C, up by three notches above normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 7.5 deg C and 7.2 deg C respectively.
Chandigarh had a low of 7.7 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the MeT office said here today.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 8.2 deg C and 7.7 deg C respectively with mercury going up by a degree above normal.
The MeT in its forecast said weather will mainly be dry in next 24 hours while fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?