Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperature increased by a few notches above normal in most of parts of both the states.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plains recording a minimum temperature at 3.6 deg C, the MeT office said here on Monday.
Narnaul in Haryana had a low of 6 deg C, up by one degree above normal, while Bhiwani settled at 8.6 deg C.
Ambala recorded a minimum of 9.9 deg C, up by three notches above normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 7.5 deg C and 7.2 deg C respectively.
Chandigarh had a low of 7.7 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the MeT office said here today.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 8.2 deg C and 7.7 deg C respectively with mercury going up by a degree above normal.
The MeT in its forecast said weather will mainly be dry in next 24 hours while fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list