Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperature increased by a few notches above normal in most of parts of both the states.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in plains recording a minimum temperature at 3.6 deg C, the MeT office said here on Monday.
Narnaul in Haryana had a low of 6 deg C, up by one degree above normal, while Bhiwani settled at 8.6 deg C.
Ambala recorded a minimum of 9.9 deg C, up by three notches above normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 7.5 deg C and 7.2 deg C respectively.
Chandigarh had a low of 7.7 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the MeT office said here today.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 8.2 deg C and 7.7 deg C respectively with mercury going up by a degree above normal.
The MeT in its forecast said weather will mainly be dry in next 24 hours while fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?