Cold conditions persist in Punjab
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Wednesday persisted in most parts of Punjab while there was a marginal increase in the minimum temperatures in Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana also braved a cold night at 5.9 deg C, one below normal while Patiala experienced the chill at 5.4 deg C minimum, also down by a degree.
In Haryana, Bhiwani recorded a low of 9 deg C, up two notches while Hisar recorded a minimum of 6.3 deg C.
Ambala`s low of 6.6 deg C settled a notch above normal, Narnaul registered a low of 6 deg C while Karnal`s minimum settled at 7 deg C.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled three degrees above normal range at 8.5 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!