Cold conditions persist in Punjab
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Wednesday persisted in most parts of Punjab while there was a marginal increase in the minimum temperatures in Haryana.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in the two states recording a minimum of 3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana also braved a cold night at 5.9 deg C, one below normal while Patiala experienced the chill at 5.4 deg C minimum, also down by a degree.
In Haryana, Bhiwani recorded a low of 9 deg C, up two notches while Hisar recorded a minimum of 6.3 deg C.
Ambala`s low of 6.6 deg C settled a notch above normal, Narnaul registered a low of 6 deg C while Karnal`s minimum settled at 7 deg C.
Chandigarh`s minimum settled three degrees above normal range at 8.5 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren