Cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog on Monday enveloped most parts of Punjab and Haryana, disrupting normal life with cold conditions prevailing in both the states.
However, MeT Department has predicted light to moderate rain on January 22 and 23 at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
Union Territory of Chandigarh recorded minimum temperature at 6.6 deg C, up by a degree above normal.
In Haryana, Narnaul recorded minimum at 2.9 deg C, down by two notches below normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 6.4 deg C each. Ambala and Bhiwani braved cold weather at 6.5 deg C and 5.6 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar had a low of 4 deg C, up by a degree above normal, while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum of 7.7 deg C and 6.4 deg C, up by up to three notches above normal. Among other places, Adampur had a low of 4.2 deg C.
The MeT Department said weather will remain dry in next 24 hours though dense fog with visibility of less than 200 meters will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue
- India's tour to West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan hails Virat Kohli's backing, says it feels good to bat with him