Cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog on Monday enveloped most parts of Punjab and Haryana, disrupting normal life with cold conditions prevailing in both the states.
However, MeT Department has predicted light to moderate rain on January 22 and 23 at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
Union Territory of Chandigarh recorded minimum temperature at 6.6 deg C, up by a degree above normal.
In Haryana, Narnaul recorded minimum at 2.9 deg C, down by two notches below normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 6.4 deg C each. Ambala and Bhiwani braved cold weather at 6.5 deg C and 5.6 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar had a low of 4 deg C, up by a degree above normal, while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum of 7.7 deg C and 6.4 deg C, up by up to three notches above normal. Among other places, Adampur had a low of 4.2 deg C.
The MeT Department said weather will remain dry in next 24 hours though dense fog with visibility of less than 200 meters will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?