Cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog on Monday enveloped most parts of Punjab and Haryana, disrupting normal life with cold conditions prevailing in both the states.
However, MeT Department has predicted light to moderate rain on January 22 and 23 at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
Union Territory of Chandigarh recorded minimum temperature at 6.6 deg C, up by a degree above normal.
In Haryana, Narnaul recorded minimum at 2.9 deg C, down by two notches below normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 6.4 deg C each. Ambala and Bhiwani braved cold weather at 6.5 deg C and 5.6 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar had a low of 4 deg C, up by a degree above normal, while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum of 7.7 deg C and 6.4 deg C, up by up to three notches above normal. Among other places, Adampur had a low of 4.2 deg C.
The MeT Department said weather will remain dry in next 24 hours though dense fog with visibility of less than 200 meters will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand