Cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog on Monday enveloped most parts of Punjab and Haryana, disrupting normal life with cold conditions prevailing in both the states.
However, MeT Department has predicted light to moderate rain on January 22 and 23 at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
Union Territory of Chandigarh recorded minimum temperature at 6.6 deg C, up by a degree above normal.
In Haryana, Narnaul recorded minimum at 2.9 deg C, down by two notches below normal, while Hisar and Karnal had a low of 6.4 deg C each. Ambala and Bhiwani braved cold weather at 6.5 deg C and 5.6 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar had a low of 4 deg C, up by a degree above normal, while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum of 7.7 deg C and 6.4 deg C, up by up to three notches above normal. Among other places, Adampur had a low of 4.2 deg C.
The MeT Department said weather will remain dry in next 24 hours though dense fog with visibility of less than 200 meters will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured