Cong demands resignation of Punjab Minister
Amritsar: Congress on Wednesday demanded the resignation of Punjab Minister Anil Joshi after a criminal complaint was filed against him and his kin for enrolling as voters from more than one place.
Congress leaders in Punjab, in a statement, demanded that an FIR be registered against the Industries Minister and his family and their custodial interrogation be done.
Amritsar district authorities yesterday filed a criminal complaint in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate against Joshi and family over allegations of enrolling as voters at more than one place and for making false declarations before the last Assembly elections in Punjab.
The complaint was filed under Section 31 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950 on the orders of Election Commission.
Five Congress leaders said that this was a non-cognisable offence and would require immediate arrest of the accused.
They also alleged that Joshi had fabricated the documents to enroll at two places, and accused him of indulging in forgery.
They demanded that Deputy Commissioners of Amritsar and Tarn Taran be charged with destroying evidence as they had had given a report to EC that documents submitted by Joshi were not traceable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly