Cong demands resignation of Punjab Minister
Amritsar: Congress on Wednesday demanded the resignation of Punjab Minister Anil Joshi after a criminal complaint was filed against him and his kin for enrolling as voters from more than one place.
Congress leaders in Punjab, in a statement, demanded that an FIR be registered against the Industries Minister and his family and their custodial interrogation be done.
Amritsar district authorities yesterday filed a criminal complaint in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate against Joshi and family over allegations of enrolling as voters at more than one place and for making false declarations before the last Assembly elections in Punjab.
The complaint was filed under Section 31 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950 on the orders of Election Commission.
Five Congress leaders said that this was a non-cognisable offence and would require immediate arrest of the accused.
They also alleged that Joshi had fabricated the documents to enroll at two places, and accused him of indulging in forgery.
They demanded that Deputy Commissioners of Amritsar and Tarn Taran be charged with destroying evidence as they had had given a report to EC that documents submitted by Joshi were not traceable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das