Cop booked on graft charges in Faridkot
Faridkot (Punjab): An assistant sub-inspector has been booked on harassment and bribery charges, police said on Saturday.
The action was taken against Gurmit Singh on Friday after a probe proved that the charges levelled against him were true, they said.
According to a complaint lodged by a woman, Singh rounded up her husband and two other family members on a fake complaint in a property dispute case and freed them only after a Rs 30,000 bribe was given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened