Cop booked on graft charges in Faridkot
Faridkot (Punjab): An assistant sub-inspector has been booked on harassment and bribery charges, police said on Saturday.
The action was taken against Gurmit Singh on Friday after a probe proved that the charges levelled against him were true, they said.
According to a complaint lodged by a woman, Singh rounded up her husband and two other family members on a fake complaint in a property dispute case and freed them only after a Rs 30,000 bribe was given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf