Crimes against women, children are dealt on priority: SC judge
Chandigarh: Supreme Court Judge Justice P Sathasivam on Sunday said the cases of crime against children and women were being handled on priority basis.
"We (Judiciary) are identifying the cases related to women and children and giving priority to those cases," he said at the annual function of Students Legal Literacy Mission at Gurgaon.
His remarks came against the backdrop of the infamous gang-rape incident in Delhi last year, a Haryana Government release quoting Justice Sathasivam said.
Referring to the increasing number of old age homes, he said this reflects the state of our society that families are not ready to look after the elderly people.
"This needs change of mindset," the SC judge added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7