Crimes against women, children are dealt on priority: SC judge
Chandigarh: Supreme Court Judge Justice P Sathasivam on Sunday said the cases of crime against children and women were being handled on priority basis.
"We (Judiciary) are identifying the cases related to women and children and giving priority to those cases," he said at the annual function of Students Legal Literacy Mission at Gurgaon.
His remarks came against the backdrop of the infamous gang-rape incident in Delhi last year, a Haryana Government release quoting Justice Sathasivam said.
Referring to the increasing number of old age homes, he said this reflects the state of our society that families are not ready to look after the elderly people.
"This needs change of mindset," the SC judge added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan