Czech envoy evinces interest in solar energy, education in Punjab
Chandigarh: Czech Republic Ambassador Miloslav Stasek on Friday evinced interest in the areas of solar energy, education, food processing industry and auto parts.
The envoy called on Punjab governor Shivraj V Patil here at Raj Bhawan, an official spokesman said, adding, that the envoy had detailed deliberations with the governor on areas of solar energy, education, food processing industry and auto parts.
Patil said that Punjab, known for agriculture owing to its fertile land, availability of water and hard working farmers, is now working toward developing in the area of industry.
"We are telling auto part industry to develop technology to manufacture carburetors and other auto parts which can consume less fuel. We have also been telling them to use solar energy and bring battery driven cars on the road," Patil said.
He said if both the countries collaborate in this area then there would be lot of scope in further development.
Patil said that Universities and laboratories of the World should join hands and develop new technologies and share them, adding, the need of the hour is that institutions should generate new knowledge instead of sharing borrowed knowledge.
Meanwhile, Czech Republic envoy evinced interest in mutual cooperation with Haryana in the areas of water management, power and solid waste management.
Stasek along with Andrea Kucerova, Deputy Head of Mission/Political who made a courtesy call on Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, here today discussed various issues of mutual interest and expressed the desire to exchange business expertise between Czech Republic and Haryana.
Stasek said that a delegation from Czech Republic would be visiting Haryana in the month of May 2014 to explore and discuss various possibilities of mutual cooperation.
He appreciated the development that has taken place in the Haryana during the last few years.
Stasek said that Gurgaon is offering a good base to the international entrepreneurs to set up their ventures and apprised Hooda that Czech Companies have already set up three projects in Haryana with an investment of about Rs 18 crore.
Hooda said that during the last nine years, the State has witnessed unprecedented development in almost all spheres especially in the National Capital Region (NCR).
The Haryana Chief Minister said the state has lot of potential for power generation through solar energy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA