Double-decker catches fire, passengers safe
Hoshiarpur: A fire erupted in a double-decker bus near Chandigarh bypass here Tuesday, but all the 35 passengers managed to disembark safely, police said.
The bus, owned by a private company, was on way to Chandigarh from Jammu when its engine caught fire at Ram Colony, they said.
The driver immediately stopped the bus and alerted the passengers who alighted from the vehicle before it was engulfed in flames.
The bus was completely gutted, police said adding the exact cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price