Double-decker catches fire, passengers safe
Hoshiarpur: A fire erupted in a double-decker bus near Chandigarh bypass here Tuesday, but all the 35 passengers managed to disembark safely, police said.
The bus, owned by a private company, was on way to Chandigarh from Jammu when its engine caught fire at Ram Colony, they said.
The driver immediately stopped the bus and alerted the passengers who alighted from the vehicle before it was engulfed in flames.
The bus was completely gutted, police said adding the exact cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal