ECI amends poll expenditure monitoring guidelines
Chandigarh: Election Commission on Monday issued the amended expenditure monitoring instructions for the February 23 assembly by-poll to Moga seat in Punjab.
As per the amended ECI instructions, assistant expenditure observers, video surveillance and viewing teams for tracking illegal cash transactions and accounting teams should be in place, a spokesman of the CEO Punjab said here today.
Media certification and monitoring committee, expenditure monitoring control room with 24X7 hrs call centre and expenditure monitoring cell should also be in place, he added.
He said by-election model code of conduct would be in force in Moga district only.
If during checking any cash exceeding Rs 50 thousand is found in a vehicle carrying a candidate or his agent or election materials, any drugs, liquor, arms or gift items valued more than Rs 10,000, which are likely to be used for inducement of electorate or any other illicit articles are found in the vehicle, the same should be seized.
He said that the whole event of checking and seizing be video graphed by a team, which would submit the copy of the CD to the returning officer.
The flying squad should also be in constant touch with the official deputed by the law enforcement authorities, he added.
The by-poll to Moga seat in Punjab is scheduled on February 23 where SAD candidate Joginder Pal Jain is in direct contest with Congress nominee Vijay Sathi.
The seat fell vacant after Jain deserted the Congress and joined the SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke