ECI amends poll expenditure monitoring guidelines
Chandigarh: Election Commission on Monday issued the amended expenditure monitoring instructions for the February 23 assembly by-poll to Moga seat in Punjab.
As per the amended ECI instructions, assistant expenditure observers, video surveillance and viewing teams for tracking illegal cash transactions and accounting teams should be in place, a spokesman of the CEO Punjab said here today.
Media certification and monitoring committee, expenditure monitoring control room with 24X7 hrs call centre and expenditure monitoring cell should also be in place, he added.
He said by-election model code of conduct would be in force in Moga district only.
If during checking any cash exceeding Rs 50 thousand is found in a vehicle carrying a candidate or his agent or election materials, any drugs, liquor, arms or gift items valued more than Rs 10,000, which are likely to be used for inducement of electorate or any other illicit articles are found in the vehicle, the same should be seized.
He said that the whole event of checking and seizing be video graphed by a team, which would submit the copy of the CD to the returning officer.
The flying squad should also be in constant touch with the official deputed by the law enforcement authorities, he added.
The by-poll to Moga seat in Punjab is scheduled on February 23 where SAD candidate Joginder Pal Jain is in direct contest with Congress nominee Vijay Sathi.
The seat fell vacant after Jain deserted the Congress and joined the SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!