Faridkot kidnapping: minor produced in court
Faridkot: The 15-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped from here last month and taken to Goa was produced in a local court where she refused to undergo a medical test claiming she was married to her alleged abductor.
The girl, along with her alleged abductor Nishan Singh, was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajnish, who directed her to be taken to a Nari Niketan after she refused to undergo medical exam.
The class X student was brought to Faridkot this morning from Goa via Delhi along with Nishan Singh, who allegedly kidnapped her at gunpoint on September 24 with some others.
The court proceedings were held amidst tight security in view of the ongoing protest by various bodies, including the Congress, against the alleged failure of the police to trace the girl. The court recorded the statement of the girl during in-camera proceedings in the presence of her parents.
According to family sources, the girl first told the court she was ready to go with her parents, but later back- tracked. She also refused to undergo medical examination claiming she was married to her alleged kidnapper.
Faridkot Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gurpreet Singh Toor told reporters that the police hoped to arrest the remaining two accused Navjot Kaur and one Dimpy Samra at the earliest.
Fifteen of the seventeen accused in the case have been arrested so far and those yet to be arrested include Nishan Singh`s mother Navjot Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH