Faridkot kidnapping: minor produced in court
Faridkot: The 15-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped from here last month and taken to Goa was produced in a local court where she refused to undergo a medical test claiming she was married to her alleged abductor.
The girl, along with her alleged abductor Nishan Singh, was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajnish, who directed her to be taken to a Nari Niketan after she refused to undergo medical exam.
The class X student was brought to Faridkot this morning from Goa via Delhi along with Nishan Singh, who allegedly kidnapped her at gunpoint on September 24 with some others.
The court proceedings were held amidst tight security in view of the ongoing protest by various bodies, including the Congress, against the alleged failure of the police to trace the girl. The court recorded the statement of the girl during in-camera proceedings in the presence of her parents.
According to family sources, the girl first told the court she was ready to go with her parents, but later back- tracked. She also refused to undergo medical examination claiming she was married to her alleged kidnapper.
Faridkot Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gurpreet Singh Toor told reporters that the police hoped to arrest the remaining two accused Navjot Kaur and one Dimpy Samra at the earliest.
Fifteen of the seventeen accused in the case have been arrested so far and those yet to be arrested include Nishan Singh`s mother Navjot Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal