Faridkot molestation victim succumbs
Moga: A 16-year-old school girl succumbed to her burn injuries almost 16 days after she had set herself ablaze after allegedly being stalked and molested "repeatedly" by five youths in Faridkot district.
The girl, daughter of a rickshaw puller, had attempted suicide on March 5 by pouring kerosene and setting herself ablaze. She had received 90 per cent burn injuries.
After struggling for life she succumbed at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital at Faridkot yesterday, police said here today.
Five youths living in her neighbourhood were continuously stalking and molesting her, according to the complaint lodged by the girl`s father.
Unable to bear the stigma the girl first stopped going to school and later took the extreme step.
The girl`s father also alleged that when he objected to the behaviour of the youths they assaulted him.
Four of the youths were arrested on March 5.
The Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate of Faridkot Gurdarshan Kaur has recorded the dying statement of the victim.
As per the FIR, the girl was "being harassed and molested by the accused who lived in the neighbourhood. The victim even stopped going to school as the accused had started intercepting her on the way. Even the accused assaulted the father whenever he dared to object."
District Police Chief Gurpreet Singh Toor said the police will amend the FIR against the five accused by adding the relevant sections in view of the death of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch