Faridkot molestation victim succumbs
Moga: A 16-year-old school girl succumbed to her burn injuries almost 16 days after she had set herself ablaze after allegedly being stalked and molested "repeatedly" by five youths in Faridkot district.
The girl, daughter of a rickshaw puller, had attempted suicide on March 5 by pouring kerosene and setting herself ablaze. She had received 90 per cent burn injuries.
After struggling for life she succumbed at Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital at Faridkot yesterday, police said here today.
Five youths living in her neighbourhood were continuously stalking and molesting her, according to the complaint lodged by the girl`s father.
Unable to bear the stigma the girl first stopped going to school and later took the extreme step.
The girl`s father also alleged that when he objected to the behaviour of the youths they assaulted him.
Four of the youths were arrested on March 5.
The Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate of Faridkot Gurdarshan Kaur has recorded the dying statement of the victim.
As per the FIR, the girl was "being harassed and molested by the accused who lived in the neighbourhood. The victim even stopped going to school as the accused had started intercepting her on the way. Even the accused assaulted the father whenever he dared to object."
District Police Chief Gurpreet Singh Toor said the police will amend the FIR against the five accused by adding the relevant sections in view of the death of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days