Fire in Punjab bank, data destroyed
Pathankot: A fire broke out in a branch of State Bank of Patiala here, destroying a large amount of data, police said on Monday.
According to preliminary inquiry, the fire was caused by short circuit in the computer room last night and was controlled after two hours of fire fighting operations assisted by police.
No loss of life was reported due to the fire.
The data loss due to the fire in the computer room could be huge, Pathankot DSP Rajit Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan