Fire in Punjab bank, data destroyed
Pathankot: A fire broke out in a branch of State Bank of Patiala here, destroying a large amount of data, police said on Monday.
According to preliminary inquiry, the fire was caused by short circuit in the computer room last night and was controlled after two hours of fire fighting operations assisted by police.
No loss of life was reported due to the fire.
The data loss due to the fire in the computer room could be huge, Pathankot DSP Rajit Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred