Fog blinds Punjab, Haryana, minimum temperature rises
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog over entire Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Friday affected the normal life even as the minimum temperature in the region rose by up to four notches above normal at some places.
The minimum temperature settled at above normal in most parts of the region, the MeT office said here.
However, a thick cover of fog affected air, rail and road traffic in the region due to poor visibility, they said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Amritsar settled at a low of six degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
While Chandigarh had a low of 7.8 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, the minimum temperature at Karnal and Narnaul settled at an identical low of eight degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
Among other places, Ludhiana and Patiala had an identical low of 9.2 degrees Celsius, two notches each above normal, followed by 9.7 degrees Celsius at Ambala, also three notches above normal, and 9.8 degrees Celsius at Hisar, which was four notches above normal.
Bhiwani had a low of ten degrees Celsius.
The MeT forecast cloudy conditions with possibility of rains and foggy weather in the morning during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray