Free education for girl students up to MA: Badal
Anandpur Sahib: Returning to power for a
record second successive tenure, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday announced free education for all girl
students up to MA.
Earlier, the free education scheme was upto graduation.
Badal also announced extension of free bicycle scheme to
girl students of 9th and 10th class.
Addressing a rally of SAD workers after paying obeisance
at Takhat Sri Kesgarh Sahib here, Badal said the new SAD-BJP
government would not indulge in "petty vendetta" politics.
He said he has come to the sacred soil of Khalsa (Sikh)
birth place to seek the blessings of the Almighty and to vow
that his government would focus on pro-poor and
pro-development policies and make all efforts to fulfill the
aspirations of people.
Congratulating the people, Badal said that besides making
Punjab power surplus in the next two years the state
government would focus on completing the unfinished tasks of
the SAD-BJP government`s last tenure.
Badal also announced the setting up of a world class sports
stadium at Sri Anandpur Sahib besides announcing memorials? in
the memory of Bhai Jiwan Singh and Bhai Sangat Singh.
Later, at a press briefing, when asked about the number of
BJP ministers to be inducted in the new cabinet, Badal said
Akali Dal’s relationship with BJP was not political but it was
emotional which was above of all these things.
Asked about reasons of Congress` failure, Badal said
people had punished Congress for "record price rise,
unprecedented corruption and its failure to provide security
of life to its citizens".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city