Free education for girl students up to MA: Badal
Anandpur Sahib: Returning to power for a
record second successive tenure, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday announced free education for all girl
students up to MA.
Earlier, the free education scheme was upto graduation.
Badal also announced extension of free bicycle scheme to
girl students of 9th and 10th class.
Addressing a rally of SAD workers after paying obeisance
at Takhat Sri Kesgarh Sahib here, Badal said the new SAD-BJP
government would not indulge in "petty vendetta" politics.
He said he has come to the sacred soil of Khalsa (Sikh)
birth place to seek the blessings of the Almighty and to vow
that his government would focus on pro-poor and
pro-development policies and make all efforts to fulfill the
aspirations of people.
Congratulating the people, Badal said that besides making
Punjab power surplus in the next two years the state
government would focus on completing the unfinished tasks of
the SAD-BJP government`s last tenure.
Badal also announced the setting up of a world class sports
stadium at Sri Anandpur Sahib besides announcing memorials? in
the memory of Bhai Jiwan Singh and Bhai Sangat Singh.
Later, at a press briefing, when asked about the number of
BJP ministers to be inducted in the new cabinet, Badal said
Akali Dal’s relationship with BJP was not political but it was
emotional which was above of all these things.
Asked about reasons of Congress` failure, Badal said
people had punished Congress for "record price rise,
unprecedented corruption and its failure to provide security
of life to its citizens".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured