Gang of petrol pump robbers busted, six held
Jalandhar: Police have busted a gang of petrol pump robbers in Katarpura area near here and arrested six members of the gang involved in as much as cases of robberies.
Acting on a tip-off, the gang members identified as Mandeep Singh, Satvinder Singh, Gurjinder Singh, Joga Singh, Gurpratap Singh and Sarvameet Baba were arrested on Wednesday, Superintendent of Police, Urinder Singh Hayer said here on Friday.
Hayer said that many cases have been registered against these youths, who are highly-educated.
Four country-made pistols and 5 looted cars were also recovered from their possession, he said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?