Girl abducted, raped by two youths in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by two youths to compel her for marriage at Dasuya town in this district.
The victim, a class 12th student, on Wednesday filed a police complaint, alleging that she was kidnapped by two youths -- Harinder Singh of Sadarpur and Prince of Khun Kalan -- while she was returning from school on December 21 last year.
They abducted her in a car and took her to various locations where they repeatedly raped her, the victim alleged.
They also looted her gold jewellery.
Following the complaint, police arrested Harinder while Prince is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore