Girl abducted, raped by two youths in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by two youths to compel her for marriage at Dasuya town in this district.
The victim, a class 12th student, on Wednesday filed a police complaint, alleging that she was kidnapped by two youths -- Harinder Singh of Sadarpur and Prince of Khun Kalan -- while she was returning from school on December 21 last year.
They abducted her in a car and took her to various locations where they repeatedly raped her, the victim alleged.
They also looted her gold jewellery.
Following the complaint, police arrested Harinder while Prince is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony