Heat wave claims life in Phagwara
Phagwara: The ongoing heat wave conditions in Punjab continued unabated, claiming a life here, police said on Tuesday.
It was the first case of the ongoing heatwave claiming a life in Phagwara area.
Police found an unidentified middle-aged pedestrian lying in a state of stupor on national highway in village Chaheru area, 7 kms from Phagwara, Sadar SHO Ravinder Singh said.
Police took the person to local Civil hospital where he died after some time, he said.
Hospital staff also said that it suspected that the pedestrian had died of sweltering heatwave.
The body was kept in hospital mortuary for sake of its identification. However, it was not identified as yet.
The maximum temperatures at most places in Punjab have been settling in the range of 41-44 degrees Celsius during the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS