Heat wave claims life in Phagwara
Phagwara: The ongoing heat wave conditions in Punjab continued unabated, claiming a life here, police said on Tuesday.
It was the first case of the ongoing heatwave claiming a life in Phagwara area.
Police found an unidentified middle-aged pedestrian lying in a state of stupor on national highway in village Chaheru area, 7 kms from Phagwara, Sadar SHO Ravinder Singh said.
Police took the person to local Civil hospital where he died after some time, he said.
Hospital staff also said that it suspected that the pedestrian had died of sweltering heatwave.
The body was kept in hospital mortuary for sake of its identification. However, it was not identified as yet.
The maximum temperatures at most places in Punjab have been settling in the range of 41-44 degrees Celsius during the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing