Heavy rains lash many places in Haryana, Punjab
Chandigarh: Moderate to heavy rains lashed many parts of Haryana and a few places in Punjab early Friday.
The minimum temperatures in the two states hovered close to normal limits at most places, a MeT Department official said.
Chandigarh received 19.3 mm rain past midnight and the minimum temperature settled at 11.9 degrees Celsius here.
Neighbouring town of Ambala in Haryana was also lashed by rains and registered a low of 12.4 degrees Celsius.
Hisar, too received light rains, and the minimum temperature settled here at 10.5 degrees Celsius.
Karnal was lashed by heavy showers and the low was recorded at 9.4 degrees Celsius.
Among other places in Haryana which were lashed by showers included Panchkula, Kalka, Yamunanagar, Kurukshetra and Panipat.
In Punjab, Patiala was lashed by heavy showers and the minimum there settled at 11 degrees Celsius. Ludhiana also received rainfall, with the minimum settling at 10 degrees Celsius.
Amritsar recorded a low of 8.8 degrees Celsius.
The MeT official said that the change in weather had been caused by Western Disturbance over the region and more rains are forecast in the two states and Chandigarh until Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!