Hooch tragedy: death toll rises to 11
Batala (Punjab): The death toll in the illicit liquor tragedy in Johal Nangal village of Gurdaspur district has reached 11, police said on Tuesday.
Eight more persons succumbed while undergoing treatment since yesterday taking the toll to 11, they said.
Yesterday, three persons had died in the tragedy.
Meanwhile, police is conducting raids at various places to apprehend the culprits behind the crime, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj