Hooch tragedy: death toll rises to 11
Batala (Punjab): The death toll in the illicit liquor tragedy in Johal Nangal village of Gurdaspur district has reached 11, police said on Tuesday.
Eight more persons succumbed while undergoing treatment since yesterday taking the toll to 11, they said.
Yesterday, three persons had died in the tragedy.
Meanwhile, police is conducting raids at various places to apprehend the culprits behind the crime, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan