Hooch tragedy: death toll rises to 11
Batala (Punjab): The death toll in the illicit liquor tragedy in Johal Nangal village of Gurdaspur district has reached 11, police said on Tuesday.
Eight more persons succumbed while undergoing treatment since yesterday taking the toll to 11, they said.
Yesterday, three persons had died in the tragedy.
Meanwhile, police is conducting raids at various places to apprehend the culprits behind the crime, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown