Lance Naik Venod Singh cremated with full state honours
Ambala: Lance Naik Venod Singh, a resident of village Tepla here was cremated in his village with full state honours on Sunday.
Singh, who was with the Sikh Regiment and posted in Arunachal Pradesh, fell down from a hill on May 23 during patrolling duty and later succumbed to his injury.
His body was brought to village Tepla this morning where a large number of villagers paid tributes.
Baldev Singh Naib Subedar of Sikh Regiment, who escorted the body, said he was disciplined army personnel.
HPCC Chief Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja and MLA Ambala City Venod Sharma condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown