Lance Naik Venod Singh cremated with full state honours
Ambala: Lance Naik Venod Singh, a resident of village Tepla here was cremated in his village with full state honours on Sunday.
Singh, who was with the Sikh Regiment and posted in Arunachal Pradesh, fell down from a hill on May 23 during patrolling duty and later succumbed to his injury.
His body was brought to village Tepla this morning where a large number of villagers paid tributes.
Baldev Singh Naib Subedar of Sikh Regiment, who escorted the body, said he was disciplined army personnel.
HPCC Chief Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja and MLA Ambala City Venod Sharma condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India