Lance Naik Venod Singh cremated with full state honours
Ambala: Lance Naik Venod Singh, a resident of village Tepla here was cremated in his village with full state honours on Sunday.
Singh, who was with the Sikh Regiment and posted in Arunachal Pradesh, fell down from a hill on May 23 during patrolling duty and later succumbed to his injury.
His body was brought to village Tepla this morning where a large number of villagers paid tributes.
Baldev Singh Naib Subedar of Sikh Regiment, who escorted the body, said he was disciplined army personnel.
HPCC Chief Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja and MLA Ambala City Venod Sharma condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack
- Criminal stabbed to death in Goa prison