Lance Naik Venod Singh cremated with full state honours
Ambala: Lance Naik Venod Singh, a resident of village Tepla here was cremated in his village with full state honours on Sunday.
Singh, who was with the Sikh Regiment and posted in Arunachal Pradesh, fell down from a hill on May 23 during patrolling duty and later succumbed to his injury.
His body was brought to village Tepla this morning where a large number of villagers paid tributes.
Baldev Singh Naib Subedar of Sikh Regiment, who escorted the body, said he was disciplined army personnel.
HPCC Chief Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja and MLA Ambala City Venod Sharma condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster