Lance Naik Venod Singh cremated with full state honours
Ambala: Lance Naik Venod Singh, a resident of village Tepla here was cremated in his village with full state honours on Sunday.
Singh, who was with the Sikh Regiment and posted in Arunachal Pradesh, fell down from a hill on May 23 during patrolling duty and later succumbed to his injury.
His body was brought to village Tepla this morning where a large number of villagers paid tributes.
Baldev Singh Naib Subedar of Sikh Regiment, who escorted the body, said he was disciplined army personnel.
HPCC Chief Phool Chand Mullana, Union Minister Kumari Selja and MLA Ambala City Venod Sharma condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what