Ludhiana industrialist kidnapped from national highway
Ludhiana: A 26-year-old industrialist was allegedly kidnapped along with his driver by four men dressed in police uniform on National Highway No 1 near Kadon village, police said here on Sunday.
City-based industrialist Munish Brara (26) was returning home in his BMW car last evening when the vehicle was intercepted by four unidentified persons in a white car who signalled the driver to stop, police said.
As soon as the driver stopped the car, the armed miscreants pounced upon Munish and pulled him out, said police, adding that the kidnappers were wearing police uniforms.
Munish and his driver were taken away by the kidnappers in a white colour Maruti Swift car, they said and added that the kidnappers also took away Munish`s BMW car with.
A case of kidnapping has been registered against unidentified kidnappers and a manhunt has been launched all over the state to trace the victim, Khanna police chief S Bhupti said.
Munish, who resides in the Sarabha Nagar locality of Ludhiana with his family, runs an industrial unit manufacturing power transformers and other electric equipment.
Even though victim`s family members are tight-lipped, the police claimed that the kidnappers have made a ransom call to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says