Ludhiana industrialist kidnapped from national highway
Ludhiana: A 26-year-old industrialist was allegedly kidnapped along with his driver by four men dressed in police uniform on National Highway No 1 near Kadon village, police said here on Sunday.
City-based industrialist Munish Brara (26) was returning home in his BMW car last evening when the vehicle was intercepted by four unidentified persons in a white car who signalled the driver to stop, police said.
As soon as the driver stopped the car, the armed miscreants pounced upon Munish and pulled him out, said police, adding that the kidnappers were wearing police uniforms.
Munish and his driver were taken away by the kidnappers in a white colour Maruti Swift car, they said and added that the kidnappers also took away Munish`s BMW car with.
A case of kidnapping has been registered against unidentified kidnappers and a manhunt has been launched all over the state to trace the victim, Khanna police chief S Bhupti said.
Munish, who resides in the Sarabha Nagar locality of Ludhiana with his family, runs an industrial unit manufacturing power transformers and other electric equipment.
Even though victim`s family members are tight-lipped, the police claimed that the kidnappers have made a ransom call to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport