Man awarded two years imprisonment for raping minor in Punjab
Moga: A local court here has sentenced a man to two years of imprisonment for raping a minor girl.
A fine of Rs 20,000 was also imposed on the accused identified as Satnam Singh.
A case of rape and kidnapping was registered against Singh at Mehna police station on August 10, 2011.
Singh had forcibly took the 17-year-old victim on a bike at Dharamkot where he raped her. The victim later informed about the incident to her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users