Man booked for illegal trading of human organs
Patiala: Police on Friday registered a case against a person for allegedly being involved in illegal trading of human organs.
A case under Transplantation Of Human Organs Act, 1994 was lodged against accused Karnail Singh on a complaint by Sonu Maheswari for his alleged involvement in illegal trading of human kidneys.
The case was lodged after an order by the Punjab and Haryana High Court on January 31 asking police to take necessary action against the accused.
The complainant had alleged that the accused allegedly got published an advertisement in a local newspaper last year inviting persons who wanted to buy or sell kidneys for negotiation.
Maheswari had moved court after police did not register a case on his complaint.
The next hearing of the case is scheduled for February 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley