Man held captive for 3 days rescued in Amritsar
Amritsar: A 30-year-old man, who was held captive in chains without any food for the past three days by a landlord for not working in his fields, was on Thursday rescued by the police from a farmhouse in Dhola Kalla village of the district.
When the Police conducted a raid on the basis of a tip-off, it found that hands and legs of Kuldip Singh (30) were tied by iron chains and he was hungry for the past two days, police said.
Kuldip had taken a loan of Rs 30,000 from landlord Saroop Singh with a commitment that he would work in his agriculture field till the loan amount was paid, police said.
However, Kuldip could not report to work due to some problems in his family.
Irked over it, the accused, Saroop Singh, kidnapped Kuldip and made him hostage at his farmhouse. Saroop has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists