Man held captive for 3 days rescued in Amritsar
Amritsar: A 30-year-old man, who was held captive in chains without any food for the past three days by a landlord for not working in his fields, was on Thursday rescued by the police from a farmhouse in Dhola Kalla village of the district.
When the Police conducted a raid on the basis of a tip-off, it found that hands and legs of Kuldip Singh (30) were tied by iron chains and he was hungry for the past two days, police said.
Kuldip had taken a loan of Rs 30,000 from landlord Saroop Singh with a commitment that he would work in his agriculture field till the loan amount was paid, police said.
However, Kuldip could not report to work due to some problems in his family.
Irked over it, the accused, Saroop Singh, kidnapped Kuldip and made him hostage at his farmhouse. Saroop has been arrested.
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'