Man throws acid on estranged wife, father-in-law
Moga: A man allegedly threw acid on his wife and her father near the district`s Mehna village, police said on Friday.
Mandeep Kaur (21) suffered 70 per cent burns on her face, chest and legs while her father, the 55-year-old Shamsher Singh, received 30 per cent burns when they were attacked yesterday on way to taking part in a court hearing, police said.
A complaint has been registered in the matter against one Harinder Singh (27) of Raseen village in Ludhiana district and eight alleged accomplices. Police, however, are yet to make any arrests in the case.
The hearing which the victims were to attend was related to the divorce application Kaur had filed against her husband.
The Supreme Court had recently pulled up the Centre and state governments for failing to formulate a policy to prevent acid attacks on women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB