Man throws acid on estranged wife, father-in-law
Moga: A man allegedly threw acid on his wife and her father near the district`s Mehna village, police said on Friday.
Mandeep Kaur (21) suffered 70 per cent burns on her face, chest and legs while her father, the 55-year-old Shamsher Singh, received 30 per cent burns when they were attacked yesterday on way to taking part in a court hearing, police said.
A complaint has been registered in the matter against one Harinder Singh (27) of Raseen village in Ludhiana district and eight alleged accomplices. Police, however, are yet to make any arrests in the case.
The hearing which the victims were to attend was related to the divorce application Kaur had filed against her husband.
The Supreme Court had recently pulled up the Centre and state governments for failing to formulate a policy to prevent acid attacks on women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'