Mercury dips below normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in many places of Punjab and Haryana Monday with night temperature hovering below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was coldest in the region with a low of 7.1 deg C, three degrees below normal, the MeT said here.
The minimum temperature dropped in Hisar and Karnal, with both places recording respective lows of 8 deg C and 8.8 deg C while Bhiwani was cold at 10 deg C and Ambala recorded 11.4 deg C.
Amritsar was coldest in Punjab recording a low of 7.8 deg C while Ludhiana registered 9.8 deg C.
Patiala`s minimum at 9 deg C settled a notch below normal while Chandigarh`s low was recorded at 10.5 deg C, the MeT office said, adding the minimum temperatures in the region are likely to rise from Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!