Mercury dips below normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in many places of Punjab and Haryana Monday with night temperature hovering below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was coldest in the region with a low of 7.1 deg C, three degrees below normal, the MeT said here.
The minimum temperature dropped in Hisar and Karnal, with both places recording respective lows of 8 deg C and 8.8 deg C while Bhiwani was cold at 10 deg C and Ambala recorded 11.4 deg C.
Amritsar was coldest in Punjab recording a low of 7.8 deg C while Ludhiana registered 9.8 deg C.
Patiala`s minimum at 9 deg C settled a notch below normal while Chandigarh`s low was recorded at 10.5 deg C, the MeT office said, adding the minimum temperatures in the region are likely to rise from Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak