Mercury dips below normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in many places of Punjab and Haryana Monday with night temperature hovering below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was coldest in the region with a low of 7.1 deg C, three degrees below normal, the MeT said here.
The minimum temperature dropped in Hisar and Karnal, with both places recording respective lows of 8 deg C and 8.8 deg C while Bhiwani was cold at 10 deg C and Ambala recorded 11.4 deg C.
Amritsar was coldest in Punjab recording a low of 7.8 deg C while Ludhiana registered 9.8 deg C.
Patiala`s minimum at 9 deg C settled a notch below normal while Chandigarh`s low was recorded at 10.5 deg C, the MeT office said, adding the minimum temperatures in the region are likely to rise from Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!