Mercury dips below normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in many places of Punjab and Haryana Monday with night temperature hovering below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was coldest in the region with a low of 7.1 deg C, three degrees below normal, the MeT said here.
The minimum temperature dropped in Hisar and Karnal, with both places recording respective lows of 8 deg C and 8.8 deg C while Bhiwani was cold at 10 deg C and Ambala recorded 11.4 deg C.
Amritsar was coldest in Punjab recording a low of 7.8 deg C while Ludhiana registered 9.8 deg C.
Patiala`s minimum at 9 deg C settled a notch below normal while Chandigarh`s low was recorded at 10.5 deg C, the MeT office said, adding the minimum temperatures in the region are likely to rise from Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Cow creates chaos near Parliament area!
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic