Minor beheaded by `mentally sick` person: Punjab police
Hoshiarpur: The accused arrested in connection with the beheading of a 10-year-old boy in Jandoli village here is a “mentally sick" person, police said on Friday.
Jaswinder Singh, (50) allegedly beheaded a boy, who belonged to the same village, yesterday, SHO, Chabbewal, Kulwant Singh told reporters.
A case was registered against Singh, who was later arrested, he said.
During interrogation it was found that the accused was "mentally ill" and there was no specific motive behind beheading the minor, he said.
Singh beheaded the boy with a sharp-edged weapon near a petrol pump in the village, the SHO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley