Minor beheaded by `mentally sick` person: Punjab police
Hoshiarpur: The accused arrested in connection with the beheading of a 10-year-old boy in Jandoli village here is a “mentally sick" person, police said on Friday.
Jaswinder Singh, (50) allegedly beheaded a boy, who belonged to the same village, yesterday, SHO, Chabbewal, Kulwant Singh told reporters.
A case was registered against Singh, who was later arrested, he said.
During interrogation it was found that the accused was "mentally ill" and there was no specific motive behind beheading the minor, he said.
Singh beheaded the boy with a sharp-edged weapon near a petrol pump in the village, the SHO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists