Minor beheaded by `mentally sick` person: Punjab police
Hoshiarpur: The accused arrested in connection with the beheading of a 10-year-old boy in Jandoli village here is a “mentally sick" person, police said on Friday.
Jaswinder Singh, (50) allegedly beheaded a boy, who belonged to the same village, yesterday, SHO, Chabbewal, Kulwant Singh told reporters.
A case was registered against Singh, who was later arrested, he said.
During interrogation it was found that the accused was "mentally ill" and there was no specific motive behind beheading the minor, he said.
Singh beheaded the boy with a sharp-edged weapon near a petrol pump in the village, the SHO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued