Minor beheaded by `mentally sick` person: Punjab police
Hoshiarpur: The accused arrested in connection with the beheading of a 10-year-old boy in Jandoli village here is a “mentally sick" person, police said on Friday.
Jaswinder Singh, (50) allegedly beheaded a boy, who belonged to the same village, yesterday, SHO, Chabbewal, Kulwant Singh told reporters.
A case was registered against Singh, who was later arrested, he said.
During interrogation it was found that the accused was "mentally ill" and there was no specific motive behind beheading the minor, he said.
Singh beheaded the boy with a sharp-edged weapon near a petrol pump in the village, the SHO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY