Mute, hearing-impaired girl kidnapped, gang-raped in Punjab
Moga (Pb): An 11-year-old mute and hearing- impaired girl was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped by two men in Shandewala village of the district, police said.
The father of the victim in a complaint to the police alleged that two unidentified persons abducted his daughter when the family members were asleep at their home last night.
They took her to a secluded location and later gang-raped her.
The girl returned home and gestured to her parents about the incident.
Police have registered a case against two unidentified persons and launched a hunt to nab them.
Meanwhile, in another incident, a girl was allegedly abducted by two men who tried to rape her in Fathehpur Madar village.
On the complaint of the 17-year-old girl, police have booked two persons, Amarjeet Singh and Jasbir Singh.
No arrest has been made in this connection so far, police said, adding that they were investigating the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan