Mute, hearing-impaired girl kidnapped, gang-raped in Punjab
Moga (Pb): An 11-year-old mute and hearing- impaired girl was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped by two men in Shandewala village of the district, police said.
The father of the victim in a complaint to the police alleged that two unidentified persons abducted his daughter when the family members were asleep at their home last night.
They took her to a secluded location and later gang-raped her.
The girl returned home and gestured to her parents about the incident.
Police have registered a case against two unidentified persons and launched a hunt to nab them.
Meanwhile, in another incident, a girl was allegedly abducted by two men who tried to rape her in Fathehpur Madar village.
On the complaint of the 17-year-old girl, police have booked two persons, Amarjeet Singh and Jasbir Singh.
No arrest has been made in this connection so far, police said, adding that they were investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress