Newborn girl child found abandoned in Punjab
Phagwara: A newborn girl child was on Monday found abandoned on a cart along the National Highway near village Chachoki on the outskirts of this district, police said.
Police later got the child admitted to the local Civil hospital.
Phagwara SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said that a case under section 317 of the IPC (exposure and abandonment of child under twelve years by parent or person having care of it) was registered against the unknown parents.
"The DNA sample of the child has also been taken," Khakh said.
The infant was found wrapped in a tarpaulin of the cart by its owner, an egg seller, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP