Newborn girl child found abandoned in Punjab
Phagwara: A newborn girl child was on Monday found abandoned on a cart along the National Highway near village Chachoki on the outskirts of this district, police said.
Police later got the child admitted to the local Civil hospital.
Phagwara SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said that a case under section 317 of the IPC (exposure and abandonment of child under twelve years by parent or person having care of it) was registered against the unknown parents.
"The DNA sample of the child has also been taken," Khakh said.
The infant was found wrapped in a tarpaulin of the cart by its owner, an egg seller, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch