Newborn girl child found abandoned in Punjab
Phagwara: A newborn girl child was on Monday found abandoned on a cart along the National Highway near village Chachoki on the outskirts of this district, police said.
Police later got the child admitted to the local Civil hospital.
Phagwara SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said that a case under section 317 of the IPC (exposure and abandonment of child under twelve years by parent or person having care of it) was registered against the unknown parents.
"The DNA sample of the child has also been taken," Khakh said.
The infant was found wrapped in a tarpaulin of the cart by its owner, an egg seller, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'