Now, funds for Punjab govt depts only via online route
Chandigarh: State government departments in Punjab will soon be able to submit only online proposals for release of funds as the finance department has decided to make the entire procedure paperless.
"It has been decided that the finance department will only receive proposals (seeking funds) online from July 1.
"No physical files will be required to be submitted (by the various departments). Finance department is all set to run a paperless system for release of funds," said an official spokesman.
IT major Tata Consultancy Services has deputed its personnel in the administrative department to assist in the implementation of the new plan, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location