Now, funds for Punjab govt depts only via online route
Chandigarh: State government departments in Punjab will soon be able to submit only online proposals for release of funds as the finance department has decided to make the entire procedure paperless.
"It has been decided that the finance department will only receive proposals (seeking funds) online from July 1.
"No physical files will be required to be submitted (by the various departments). Finance department is all set to run a paperless system for release of funds," said an official spokesman.
IT major Tata Consultancy Services has deputed its personnel in the administrative department to assist in the implementation of the new plan, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi