Now, funds for Punjab govt depts only via online route
Chandigarh: State government departments in Punjab will soon be able to submit only online proposals for release of funds as the finance department has decided to make the entire procedure paperless.
"It has been decided that the finance department will only receive proposals (seeking funds) online from July 1.
"No physical files will be required to be submitted (by the various departments). Finance department is all set to run a paperless system for release of funds," said an official spokesman.
IT major Tata Consultancy Services has deputed its personnel in the administrative department to assist in the implementation of the new plan, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her