One arrested for abducting minor
An accused allegedly involved in the abduction of a minor girl was arrested when he, along with the girl were trying to board a bus near Moga Kotapura bypass, police said on Sunday.
The girl`s father Satish Kumar had lodged a complaint that on June 7, the accused identified as Ajay, had allegedly abducted his 14-year-old daughter when she was returning home from school.
A local court has sent Ajay to 14 days judicial custody, police said.
The girl, who refused to go with her parents, was sent to Nari Niketan in Jalandhar by the court and directed the police to produce her and record her statement on June 11.
The girl was also medically examined, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what