Parkash Singh Badal raps Congress
Moga: Criticising the Congress-led UPA government, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday alleged that the Centre is deliberately denying requisite infrastructure for ensuring smooth procurement of food grains from the state.
The Centre is doing injustice with the state by denying facilities needed for smooth procurement of food grains, Badal told reporters on the sidelines of the second day of Sangat Darshan programme here.
The Centre has to ensure proper storage, movement and lifting of food grains, but the UPA government has totally failed in this, he said adding that the Centre is not paying heed towards state government`s demands for providing necessary infrastructure, ensuring smooth procurement.
Training his guns against the central government, the Chief Minister said though he had personally taken up the issue of paucity of storage facilities in the state with the UPA government, no concrete step has been taken so far to sort out the problem.
Permission for construction of new silos in the state on scientific lines is also pending with the Centre, Badal alleged and said that the UPA government has not ensured timely supply of gunny bags for wheat procurement.
The only solution to this problem is giving more powers to the states, the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?