Parkash Singh Badal raps Congress
Moga: Criticising the Congress-led UPA government, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday alleged that the Centre is deliberately denying requisite infrastructure for ensuring smooth procurement of food grains from the state.
The Centre is doing injustice with the state by denying facilities needed for smooth procurement of food grains, Badal told reporters on the sidelines of the second day of Sangat Darshan programme here.
The Centre has to ensure proper storage, movement and lifting of food grains, but the UPA government has totally failed in this, he said adding that the Centre is not paying heed towards state government`s demands for providing necessary infrastructure, ensuring smooth procurement.
Training his guns against the central government, the Chief Minister said though he had personally taken up the issue of paucity of storage facilities in the state with the UPA government, no concrete step has been taken so far to sort out the problem.
Permission for construction of new silos in the state on scientific lines is also pending with the Centre, Badal alleged and said that the UPA government has not ensured timely supply of gunny bags for wheat procurement.
The only solution to this problem is giving more powers to the states, the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery