Parkash Singh Badal visits Vigyan Bhavan but skips CMs conference
New Delhi: In a virtual snub to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday visited the capital`s Vigyan Bhavan to meet him but skipped the Chief Ministers conference convened by him there.
In an indication of what his priority was, Badal did not attend the CMs conference held on recommendations of the Administrative Reforms Commission but sought an appointment with Shinde to request him to grant clemency to Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
As the Home Minister was busy with the conference, the meeting with Badal was fixed at a small room adjacent to the plenary hall of the Vigyan Bhavan.
The Punjab chief minister agreed to come to Vigyan Bhavan along with his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal during the lunch break of the conference, had a 15-minute meeting with Shinde and immediately left even without going to the plenary hall where the CMs conference was going on.
Only seven chief ministers attended the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi