Parkash Singh Badal visits Vigyan Bhavan but skips CMs conference
New Delhi: In a virtual snub to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday visited the capital`s Vigyan Bhavan to meet him but skipped the Chief Ministers conference convened by him there.
In an indication of what his priority was, Badal did not attend the CMs conference held on recommendations of the Administrative Reforms Commission but sought an appointment with Shinde to request him to grant clemency to Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
As the Home Minister was busy with the conference, the meeting with Badal was fixed at a small room adjacent to the plenary hall of the Vigyan Bhavan.
The Punjab chief minister agreed to come to Vigyan Bhavan along with his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal during the lunch break of the conference, had a 15-minute meeting with Shinde and immediately left even without going to the plenary hall where the CMs conference was going on.
Only seven chief ministers attended the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack