Parkash Singh Badal visits Vigyan Bhavan but skips CMs conference
New Delhi: In a virtual snub to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday visited the capital`s Vigyan Bhavan to meet him but skipped the Chief Ministers conference convened by him there.
In an indication of what his priority was, Badal did not attend the CMs conference held on recommendations of the Administrative Reforms Commission but sought an appointment with Shinde to request him to grant clemency to Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
As the Home Minister was busy with the conference, the meeting with Badal was fixed at a small room adjacent to the plenary hall of the Vigyan Bhavan.
The Punjab chief minister agreed to come to Vigyan Bhavan along with his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal during the lunch break of the conference, had a 15-minute meeting with Shinde and immediately left even without going to the plenary hall where the CMs conference was going on.
Only seven chief ministers attended the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?