Parkash Singh Badal visits Vigyan Bhavan but skips CMs conference
New Delhi: In a virtual snub to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday visited the capital`s Vigyan Bhavan to meet him but skipped the Chief Ministers conference convened by him there.
In an indication of what his priority was, Badal did not attend the CMs conference held on recommendations of the Administrative Reforms Commission but sought an appointment with Shinde to request him to grant clemency to Khalistani terrorist Devenderpal Singh Bhullar.
As the Home Minister was busy with the conference, the meeting with Badal was fixed at a small room adjacent to the plenary hall of the Vigyan Bhavan.
The Punjab chief minister agreed to come to Vigyan Bhavan along with his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal during the lunch break of the conference, had a 15-minute meeting with Shinde and immediately left even without going to the plenary hall where the CMs conference was going on.
Only seven chief ministers attended the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer