PB panchayat poll: No vote polled in Said Mubarak
Gurdaspur (Pb): Not a single electorate was able to cast their vote on Wednesday for the gram panchayat election in Said Mubarak village in the district after the supporters of former speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon and a former ruling SAD MLA engaged in a clash, a senior police official said.
The incident took place when the supporters of former speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon and former SAD MLA from Qadian constituency Lakhbir Singh engaged in a clash over some dispute in the polling area, Deputy Commissioner-cum-electoral officer Abhinav Trikha said.
Later, they did not allowed the election officials to start the voting process, Trikha added.
Polling for 13,080 gram panchayats in Punjab is taking place today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?