PB panchayat poll: No vote polled in Said Mubarak
Gurdaspur (Pb): Not a single electorate was able to cast their vote on Wednesday for the gram panchayat election in Said Mubarak village in the district after the supporters of former speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon and a former ruling SAD MLA engaged in a clash, a senior police official said.
The incident took place when the supporters of former speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon and former SAD MLA from Qadian constituency Lakhbir Singh engaged in a clash over some dispute in the polling area, Deputy Commissioner-cum-electoral officer Abhinav Trikha said.
Later, they did not allowed the election officials to start the voting process, Trikha added.
Polling for 13,080 gram panchayats in Punjab is taking place today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16