PM one of most distinguished economist of the world: Punjab CM
Ludhiana: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday lauded Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, saying the latter is one of the most distinguished economist of the world.
"I welcome honourable Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh ji who has come here to address the PAU (Punjab Agricultural University) convocation in Punjab his home state. I congratulate the students, as they are lucky to receive their degrees in the presence of Prime Minister of the country and most distinguished economist of the world. It is very kind of him that he has spared his valuable time from his busy schedule," said Badal in his opening address.
Dr Singh, who was the chief guest at the golden jubilee convocation of the Punjab Agricultural University here, was conferred with the degree of doctor of science (honoris causa).
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note