Punjab baby boy sold on Facebook, found in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
Ludhiana: In a shocking incident of crimes related to children, the police have uncovered a series of events that ultimately saw a newborn being sold on social networking website Facebook for Rs eight lakhs.
The baby boy from Ludhiana was snatched from his mother by his maternal grandfather, telling her that it was a stillborn baby. He reportedly sold him off for Rs 45,000 to a nurse at the hospital where the baby was delivered. The nurse then allegedly sold the infant for Rs three lakhs to lab assistant in the same hospital, Gurpreet Singh, police said. According to reports, both worked at Ludhiana’s Satyam Hospital.
It was Gurpreet who then put the baby up on sale on Facebook. According to reports, one of the Gurpreet’s friends on Facebook in Delhi offered to pay Rs eight lakhs.
The mother of the boy was sure that her son was alive and lodged a police complaint against her father and his aides.
On the basis of her complaint, the police managed to locate the child and arrested the baby`s grandfather and others involved in the heinous crime. However, the Delhi businessman who bought the infant is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days