Punjab baby boy sold on Facebook, found in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
Ludhiana: In a shocking incident of crimes related to children, the police have uncovered a series of events that ultimately saw a newborn being sold on social networking website Facebook for Rs eight lakhs.
The baby boy from Ludhiana was snatched from his mother by his maternal grandfather, telling her that it was a stillborn baby. He reportedly sold him off for Rs 45,000 to a nurse at the hospital where the baby was delivered. The nurse then allegedly sold the infant for Rs three lakhs to lab assistant in the same hospital, Gurpreet Singh, police said. According to reports, both worked at Ludhiana’s Satyam Hospital.
It was Gurpreet who then put the baby up on sale on Facebook. According to reports, one of the Gurpreet’s friends on Facebook in Delhi offered to pay Rs eight lakhs.
The mother of the boy was sure that her son was alive and lodged a police complaint against her father and his aides.
On the basis of her complaint, the police managed to locate the child and arrested the baby`s grandfather and others involved in the heinous crime. However, the Delhi businessman who bought the infant is on the run.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive