Punjab baby boy sold on Facebook, found in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
Ludhiana: In a shocking incident of crimes related to children, the police have uncovered a series of events that ultimately saw a newborn being sold on social networking website Facebook for Rs eight lakhs.
The baby boy from Ludhiana was snatched from his mother by his maternal grandfather, telling her that it was a stillborn baby. He reportedly sold him off for Rs 45,000 to a nurse at the hospital where the baby was delivered. The nurse then allegedly sold the infant for Rs three lakhs to lab assistant in the same hospital, Gurpreet Singh, police said. According to reports, both worked at Ludhiana’s Satyam Hospital.
It was Gurpreet who then put the baby up on sale on Facebook. According to reports, one of the Gurpreet’s friends on Facebook in Delhi offered to pay Rs eight lakhs.
The mother of the boy was sure that her son was alive and lodged a police complaint against her father and his aides.
On the basis of her complaint, the police managed to locate the child and arrested the baby`s grandfather and others involved in the heinous crime. However, the Delhi businessman who bought the infant is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video