Punjab baby boy sold on Facebook, found in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
Ludhiana: In a shocking incident of crimes related to children, the police have uncovered a series of events that ultimately saw a newborn being sold on social networking website Facebook for Rs eight lakhs.
The baby boy from Ludhiana was snatched from his mother by his maternal grandfather, telling her that it was a stillborn baby. He reportedly sold him off for Rs 45,000 to a nurse at the hospital where the baby was delivered. The nurse then allegedly sold the infant for Rs three lakhs to lab assistant in the same hospital, Gurpreet Singh, police said. According to reports, both worked at Ludhiana’s Satyam Hospital.
It was Gurpreet who then put the baby up on sale on Facebook. According to reports, one of the Gurpreet’s friends on Facebook in Delhi offered to pay Rs eight lakhs.
The mother of the boy was sure that her son was alive and lodged a police complaint against her father and his aides.
On the basis of her complaint, the police managed to locate the child and arrested the baby`s grandfather and others involved in the heinous crime. However, the Delhi businessman who bought the infant is on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!