Punjab Budget to be presented on June 20
Chandigarh: The budget session of the newly-constituted Punjab Assembly would be held from June 19 to 29 and the budget for 2012-13 would be presented on June 20.
Governor Shivaraj V Patil has summoned the 14th state Assembly to meet for its second session on June 19 for obituary references, an official notification said here Thursday.
This would be the first budget of the Parkash Singh Badal led SAD-BJP ministry which returned to power after the Assembly elections in February this year.
The state had adopted a vote-on-account for the first three months of the current fiscal at the first session of the newly constituted 117-member state Assembly.
The session would commence on June 19 in the afternoon with obituary references. Budget estimates for the year 2012-13 would be presented on June 20 and the general discussions on budget estimates would be held on June 22, 25 and 26.
There would be two days for non-official business on June 21 and June 28, the release said.
The session is scheduled to conclude on June 29 when legislative business would be taken up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal