Punjab Budget to be presented on June 20
Chandigarh: The budget session of the newly-constituted Punjab Assembly would be held from June 19 to 29 and the budget for 2012-13 would be presented on June 20.
Governor Shivaraj V Patil has summoned the 14th state Assembly to meet for its second session on June 19 for obituary references, an official notification said here Thursday.
This would be the first budget of the Parkash Singh Badal led SAD-BJP ministry which returned to power after the Assembly elections in February this year.
The state had adopted a vote-on-account for the first three months of the current fiscal at the first session of the newly constituted 117-member state Assembly.
The session would commence on June 19 in the afternoon with obituary references. Budget estimates for the year 2012-13 would be presented on June 20 and the general discussions on budget estimates would be held on June 22, 25 and 26.
There would be two days for non-official business on June 21 and June 28, the release said.
The session is scheduled to conclude on June 29 when legislative business would be taken up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order