Punjab CM asks Centre for funds to tackle water-logging problem
Muktsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday urged the Centre to immediately release funds towards tackling the grave problem of water-logging in the state.
Interacting with mediapersons here, Badal said a high-level expert group constituted by Union Rural Development Minister Jai Ram Ramesh to study the water-logging crisis in Punjab had already submitted its Detailed Project Report.
Badal said the DPR submitted by the panel led by Mihir Shah, member (water resources and rural development) of the Planning Commission of India, needed prompt clearance to ensure timely funds for dealing with the problem.
The CM said that there were records to show that vast infrastructure in certain areas of the state had been destroyed due to prolonged waterlogging.
Badal said that as much as three/fourths of the total waterlogging prone area in the state was in Muktsar district with almost 50 per cent of these zones falling under the Lambi assembly segment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs