Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal says he will quit if allegations against Majithia proved
Begowal: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday said he would resign if allegations pertaining to involvement of Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia in the drug racket were proved.
"I will resign if any evidence comes up against Majithia (in connection with the drug racket)," he told reporters here.
There was no evidence against Majithia regarding his involvement in the drug trade, Badal said.
Majithia is the brother-in-law of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Sacked Punjab DSP Jagdish Singh Bhola, arrested in the drug trade case, had alleged Majithia was involved in the racket.
"No one is above the law. The guilty will be punished as per law of the land," the Chief Minister said.
He, however, said the state government had waged a war against the menace and would treat drug patients free of cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie